Small Business Law

There are many legal pitfalls throughout the life cycle of a small business. You need sound legal advice during these periods. As your attorney, I focus on your needs while keeping your goals and expectations in mind.

Defending Your Rights In and Out of Court

Call Moretsky Law for a Free and Confidential Consultation


Business Debt Solutions

Helping businesses restructure and eliminate debt.


Tax Controversy and Litigation

Assisting Taxpayers with IRS issues in all 50 states


Estate Planning

What is Estate Planning? And Why Do I Need It?


Personal Bankruptcy

Get a Fresh Start and Achieve Debt Relief Today


Bankruptcy Attorney

Call 215-344-8343 for debt relief with Moretsky Law.


Offshore or Foreign Bank Accounts

Foreign Bank Account Representation (FBAR)

It is perfectly legal for United States Citizens or residents to have foreign bank accounts.  There are many legitimate reasons to have a foreign bank account, including accounts which are inherited, residents who plan to return to their home country at some point, and citizens and residents who have family in a foreign country.  However, U.S. residents and citizens must follow certain tax requirements. They must disclose the existence of the accounts, as well as the interest, dividends and gains/losses from these accounts.

Offshore Banking has become a hot topic and is currently under great scrutiny by the IRS and the Justice Department.  Failure to disclose the existence and income from foreign accounts may result in substantial civil and criminal penalties. In recent years, the IRS, the FBI and Justice Department has devoted significant resources and created new tools to track down unreported accounts.  The days of stashing money in secret foreign bank accounts without government agencies ever discovering them are quickly coming to a close.

It is important to consult with an experienced attorney who can navigate the voluntary disclosure process and bring you back into compliance so as to minimize the chances of a criminal prosecution.   I have many years of experience helping clients achieve excellent results.  I will personally work with you and vigorously defend your rights so as to ensure the best possible result for your case.

Call 215-344-8343 or contact me by e-mail to arrange your free consultation with a Philadelphia tax defense attorney.

Russian language services available · Accessible locations in Philadelphia and Montgomery County · Flexible appointment scheduling